The principal aims are:
- To protect and promote the mudbrick building industry
- To strengthen Nillumbik’s standing as Australia’s most important Mudbrick region.
First year achievements:
- Formation of a committee
- Incorporated status & creation of mission statement
- Largest earth building Association in Australia
- Over 200 Members
- Launch at Eltham library
- Established support and collaboration from contacts: Nillumbik Shire, EBAA, CSIRO, Deakin Uni., Prof. Tony Isaacs, Steve Herbert MP, Sustainable Energy Association, Building Control Commission, etc.
- Funding for testing
- Numerous ongoing publicity releases and newspaper articles
- 12 month delay of full 5 star implementation for mudbrick homes